Wednesday, October 15, 2008

We have made an offer!

We have made an official offer on the house in Elk that we fell in love with 6 months ago. It went down in price the same weekend that we got and accepted an offer on our house and that says a lot to me. For those unfamiliar with the area, Elk is north of Spokane on Hwy 2. It will take Ben about 40 min. to get home from work instead of 20 but he is more than happy to do so to be in this house and out of the city (all of the Seattle folk are chuckling that 40 min. is even an issue but around here that is like FOREVER for a commute LOL).

This is the view of the house when you get to the end of the driveway and turn left. It is not too visible from the road but you can see it if you really look. The driveway goes up the side of the 10 acre field that is also part of the property. The house is on the 5 acres of treed property on the rise over looking the pasture. We are planning on re-staining in the spring and finishing the bottom half of the house with the rounded stone rock facing. The house needs a lot of work but the bones look great. We will feel better once we have an inspection mind you but we are feeling good about it. That is the front door that is open in the picture above and this is the main floor living/dinning looking into the kitchen.
This is looking down from the loft steps at the doors going out to the deck. That is where I was standing to get the picture above.
The loft is 600 sq. ft and has windows all around. Looking east you have a perfect view of Mt. Spokane and looking west is a valley with the mountains in the background.
Ahh yes, the basement.... it is unfinished. It is 1200 sq. feet and has a bathroom plumbed so it is not as bad as it seems! LOL it is insulated and mostly cement so it should be a pretty easy finish... don't get scared, we are project people and I swear in a year this place will knock your socks off!
If you are viewing this on facebook please leave all comments at www.amykaeding.blogspot.com

6 comments:

MSB said...

It is gorgeous!!!! I love it!
I myself am not much of a be out on the country by myself type, but I love log homes. My parents are building one on Waitt's Lake right now (near Chewelea).
I can't wait to hear how the inspection goes... always a bit scary!
I know that you will make this home gorgeous! I can't wait to hear all about your journey!

Tam said...

That is absolutely beautiful! How exciting for you! I'm sure it'll be amazing once you finish it up. I can't wait to see it in person! It'll be so peaceful out there... great for the kids, too!

Anonymous said...

I am so freaking happy for you! You have been eying this for so long...and the fact that they went down in price!!! It was so meant to be yours!

The Keevy Family said...

Wow! This is great! I can totally picture a cold winter evening with a fire going, it's going to be great! Congrats! I hope the rest of everything goes as planned.

brooke said...

wow! i can't wait to have book club there!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful house!