Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Feeling opinionated...

It's been awhile since I took the time to really write something other than an update. My life has been like a box of chocolates lately. I have been neck deep in espionage, infidelity, financial difficulty, unexpected loss, and deep grief. All that, before we even start thinking about what has been going on in my personal life (LOL). I have learned some things lately about myself so as I usually do... I'm gonna share!

Being a child of God isn't easy. There are so many challenges along the way that can make you feel like you are failing. A friend reminded me tonight of how easily we are led to believe that we are hopeless. How easy it is to invite into our lives a spirit of darkness. I have struggled personally with the pain that comes when you are a house divided against your own will. It may very well be a heavy topic for some of you but here it is, the good, the bad and the ugly. There is a spiritual battle for our hearts and our souls. Never overestimate the power of your enemy but never underestimate it either. Jesus died that we might have life to the fullest. Jesus died that we might have freedom. Let not that be in vain.

5 comments:

Tam said...

you are right on, amy! thanks for the reminder! ... and i've been thinking lately that you and i should really get together sometime other than book club.

i've been going through some spiritual warfare myself lately. :)

love ya!

Mary said...

Thanks for being vulnerable Amy!

I just finished a good study from the book 'Lies Women Believe' by Demoss.

The book was great because it really pointed out the deception that Satan brings our way, and how we buy into the lies. The truth is we do suffer and go thru trials as christians, but that doesn't mean that God isn't good. When we focus on the truth, we can pinpoint the lies easier and know how to conquer!

brooke said...

Wow, that is a lot to deal with. Are you ok?

The Keevy Family said...

I appreciate your honesty too, Amy. I find myself getting to this point sometimes too when I ponder on how much sin and yuck there is in the world. It makes me scared to be raising my kids in these times, and also to realize that ALL of us are so close to completely broken lives without Christ. May we choose NOT to wander, but Lord do I feel it!
I have read a little bit of the book Mary mentioned, I need to go back and go through it again. Thanks for the reminder Mary! (She's my sis!)
Jane

Olson Family said...

Just a couple of days ago, I spoke it out loud, (to my husband), "I'm a complete failure. My life is going nowhere. I just can't seem to pull it together." I totally succumbed to that pit... of "hopeless[ness]." That "spirit of darkness." LeRoy asked me what I was going to do about it. (Wise man that he is!) I looked at him and quoted out loud, "I'm going to be fine because I can do all things through Him Who gives me strength. I'm going to rise up and succeed because He's made me more than a conqueror!" Speaking the truth out loud seems to set the whole spirit world into a mighty battle on my behalf! Suddenly, I felt myself being lifted from that pit and set upon a Rock. Now, to believe and go forward full of hope. Amen?

"that we might have life to the fullest... that we might have freedom." Oh, that I might live in such a way that He did not die in vain!

Thank you for this post, Amy!