Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Congratulations are in order...

That's right, you are in the cyber presence of the newest member of The Elk Homemakers Club!!! It is official and these are some of the coolest ladies ever! We talked of canning, planning, the medicinal benefits of local honey and chickens all in one sitting. We exchanged ideas, stories and memories all for the low low price of $4 per year for membership. They started the meeting with prayer and we even said the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag!!! I LOVE IT HERE!!!

The big surprise of the day was that the first lady I really got to talking to turned out to be the mother of one of my dearest friends of my heart. She and her family are living in Germany now and it was hilarious to me that I had to go the basement of the local VFW on a random Tuesday to meet her mother for the first time but hey, considering my socially checkered past... not all that strange or unusual LOL! I love you Sharon and I adore your mom! I told her I am the Amy you wished you could have taken to Ireland with you! She wanted me to tell you that she is having trouble with her connection (Ben gave her some tips that will hopefully fix it) and she loves you (yes, even after spending an afternoon with me LOL).

4 comments:

Olson Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Newest member of the Elk Homemakers Club... would you have dreamed you'd be in such a grand place when you were unmarried, before kids... when you're whole life was laid out before you?? How fun!

And what a treat that you've met my mother... big smile. I simply love that woman! You'll see...

I just want to say it again -- CONGRATULATIONS!!

Wendi said...

Oh that sounds like fun! I got some canning supplies this year, and made some really yummy raspberry jam, but that is as far as I got. :) Next year I hope to have a garden, and maybe try to can a few items for the winter. . . maybe you will share some of your tips.

Take care ~ Wendi

Lori said...

I'm excited to hear about your membership in this club - it sounds awesome and encouraging. And now I know who to talk to if I ever decide to start canning... ;)

Tam said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again ... you rock! :)