Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Getting all political?

I am sorry, but if I don't say something I am going to have some sort of breakdown people. I believe the Bible is true... all of it. ALL OF IT! The Bible says nothing about financial planing or budget distribution on a national level. It says nothing about equal rights for everyone without distinction (in fact to be honest it talks a lot about the fact that the only real freedom you have is in Christ) or free nationalized health care. It talks pleanty about being ready for battle on a national level as well as a personal one... because you will face enemies.

You know what the Bible does say? It says that a nation (any nation) who allows homosexuality, sexual impurity and murder (whether the victim can be heard screaming as you kill them or not) will not be blessed by God and that he will destroy it. We have the only nation founded on Christianity in the world and we are the most powerful country in the world. Make no mistake, those things go hand in hand.

So don't talk to me about your health care or your beautiful vision of our country getting out of debt (if the population can't budget how can the government?). Explain to me how you support abortion when only 2%-4% are involving rape or incest out of roughly 215 performed EVERY HOUR in our country alone. Tell me how you came to believe that Sodom and Gomorrah is a fairytale and that just parts of the Bible are true! I clearly don't expect my non-christian friends to understand my passion on this subject... it is the ones who say they believe and yet are supporting the death and destruction of all that is sacred in our nation that I am questioning.

I generally keep my political opinions to myself but at this point I just don't understand. I am crying out for the ones who literally can't before they are slain. Read your Bible and show me what I say isn't the Truth!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister!!!!! I completly agree!!

AmyK said...

These were some comments left on my facebook with this feed today.

umm.... there is alot here that would be interesting to talk about.
but i do want to point out scripturally that sodom and gomorrah weren't destroyed because they were just partaking in homosexual activity. it was much bigger than that....

ezekiel 16:49-50
Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. 50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.

what's scary to me is that on a world scale.... that really sounds like us.

-Scott

Amen to that sister. Amen! I will always fail to see how someone who proclaims to be a Bible believing Christian can support someone who is so clearly against everything the Bible stands for

-Jenn

Tam said...

This is one of those areas where Satan gets in and plants "seeds of doubt" about what the Bible truly says. It's easy for us to twist things so they don't sound so bad. I agree with you 100% -- even if you just look at the 10 commandments ...there is no gray area. "You shall not murder"(NIV). Period. Of course that's just one topic, but I think you know what I'm gettin' at.

AmyK said...

Here's another one from facebook

i'm with ya amy- a friend of mine was listening to Hal Lindsay (apparently he's some intellectual on the who "end times") i know i've heard of him...ANYWAY- he was talking about how the reason the US isn't part of the book of revelation and the end times is because economically we are not competetive with the rest of the world, and we are basically 'non-existent" . i dont know if its true or not, but at this moment in time- i'd believe it. scary...
word up to you amy- thanks for putting it out there...

Kristi